- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 fresh Tilapia fillets, 3 to 4 ounces each
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (3 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- Have 2 oven-proof plates ready.
- On a large plate add the flour, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Using kitchen paper pat the tilapia fillets dry and sprinkle one side with salt.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of butter in a large pan over medium heat until it starts to brown.
- Dredge the tilapia fillets in the seasoned flour on both sides and add them to the pan.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn very carefully and cook for 2 minutes on the other side.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of lemon zest and 3 tablespoons of lemon juice to the pan.
- Very carefully put the fish filets on the oven-proof plates and pour the sauce over them.
- Keep the cooked fillets warm in the oven while you repeat the process with the remaining fish.
- When they’re cooked add the cooked fish to the plates in the oven.
- Garnish with the parsley, salt, and pepper and serve immediately with potatoes and peas if you have them.