Katherine Hepburn’s Brownies – With A Few Edits
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 stick butter
- 2 eggs
- A bit less than 1 cup sugar (1 cup seemed too much)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup broken-up walnuts or pecans
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt butter with the cocoa in the microwave in short 10 sec blasts and stir until smooth. Allow to cool for a few minutes. Then mix in eggs, one at a time.
- Add sugar, flour, nuts, vanilla and salt. Pour into a greased Pyrex dish or any not-huge, oven-worthy container; it doesn’t have to be deep.
- Bake 30 minutes and check for doneness. ”Don’t over-bake!” It should be gooey.
- Let cool, even though that’s very difficult to do, and then cut into small sizes.