Deep Fried Fish
- 2lbs fish fillets
- 1-2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- Peanut oil, enough to reach the mark on the fryer
- Salt & Pepper
1. Cut the fish fillets in one inch thick pieces, dry them, season with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
2. Then, take a bowl and beat the eggs. Put the flour in a ziploc bag. In another bag put the breadcrumbs.
3. Heat oil in a deep fat fryer (or in a Dutch oven over medium flame) deep fat fryer is best to insure the temperature is 375F.
4. Now take the fish fillets, toss them in the flour, shake the excess flour off, then dip in the egg mixture and then toss in the bread crumbs.
5. Place them in the basket of the fryer and when the oil is heated, slowly and carefully lower into the hot oil and cook till they turn golden brown from both the sides.
6. Remove and drain excess oil using clean paper towels. Serve at once or you can keep the fish warm and not lose crispness in a warm oven.