Chocolatey Brownie Skillet
- 1/4 pound butter
- 5 1/2 ounces chocolate at least 75%
- ½ cup of chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 heaped teaspoon all-purpose flour for the chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter and the chocolate (not the chips) in the microwave, about 1 and ½ minute do it in 30-second intervals, and give it a stir. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, stir together the eggs, vanilla, and sugar.
- Stir the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- In another bowl, sieve together 1/4 cup of flour, the baking powder, and salt and add to the chocolate mixture.
- Toss together the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and one heaped teaspoon of flour in a bowl and add them to the chocolate mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into 2 small cast iron skillets and place them on a sheet pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, check for doneness.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.