Chocolate Lava Cakes
- 3 ½ ounces/85 grams chocolate, 70%+ cacao
- 3 tablespoons butter, plus some more for the ramekins
- 3 tablespoons white refined sugar, plus more for the ramekin
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Microwave melt 3.5 ounces of chocolate with 3 tablespoons of butter (70+%cacao), do this in 30-second intervals, should take about 1 ½ minutes. Set aside.
- In a second bowl add 3 tablespoons of sugar, egg, egg yolk, vanilla, and ⅛ of salt. Whisk violently for about 2 mins until the mix is thick and foamy. Add in 2 tablespoons of flour and whisk till smooth.
- Butter ramekins and dust with sugar.
- Now add the chocolate mix to the egg mix and stir gently to combine.
- Pour the mix into the two prepared ramekins.
- Bake for 10-12 mins, until the top is set but nothing hard, don’t over bake. Don’t put ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Remove from the oven and use a knife to loosen the cake around the ramekin. Then place a plate on top and invert. Then gently remove the ramekin all the while praying that that cake doesn’t collapse.
- Eat immediately with joy and vanilla ice cream and cream and a friend or very delicious on your lonesome