Ann’s Famous Meatballs!
- 1lb Beef, minced with a good fat content (85/15)
- 1lb Pork, minced
- 1lb Sausage meat
- 2-3 Carrots
- 1 Bunch parsley
- 1 Onion
- 2 cups Breadcrumbs
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese (block, not pre-grated)
- Fresh ground petter
- Kosher salt
- 1-2 Eggs
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Throw all ingredients into the biggest bowl you can find with 1-2 eggs (add eggs one at a time until you have your preferred consistency).
3. Form meatballs, keeping the size regular.
4. Place meatballs on baking sheet, making sure not to overcrowd.
5. Cook meatballs for 30-40 minutes, making sure to turn regularly for even browning.
For the tomato sauce, we recommend Marcella Hazan’s genius recipe: https://food52.com/…/13722-marcella-hazan-s-tomato-sauce-wi…
6. Blitz the tomato sauce with an immersion blender and reduce on the stove by half, which should take about an hour.
7. Throw meatballs in tomato sauce and cook for 10-15 minutes.
8. Serve with spaghetti or a bed of iceberg lettuce.
–Because life is way too short to be cutting, chopping, and grating, get a Vitamix-type blender or smoothie machine to mix everything together. Add ingredients one at a time.
–Make breadcrumbs from the stale old bread you have in the back of your cabinet (provided it hasn’t sprouted mold!).