Sheet Pan Mac & Cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 24 ounces of cheese
- Use ½ extra-sharp cheddar cheese, ½ sharp cheddar cheese or Parmesan or anything that melts well
- 6 slices of good bacon
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped thinly
- 1 pound pasta elbows
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne, plus more as garnish
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- Heat oven to 475° F.
- Cook the pasta
- Meanwhile, fry the 6 slices of bacon and the onions together and set aside, when the bacon cools, cut the bacon meat from the fat, discard the fat
- Butter thickly an 11×17-inch rimmed baking sheet.
- Combine the grated cheeses and set aside 2 heaping cups for topping
- In a large bowl, toss together the pasta, cheeses, cayenne, bacon, onions, sun-dried, and tomatoes.
- Spread the mixture on a baking sheet and evenly pour the milk over the surface.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Serve with a green salad ( and a glass of Cab)