Potatoes Au Gratin
This delcious recipe comes from our good friend Elisha Kraus over at the Daily Wire. You can check out her episode on the Scoop here.
- 2.5 cups heavy cream
- Butter (for casserole dish)
- 2 quart casserole dish
- 3 russet potatoes
- Salt and pepper
- At least 1 cup of fresh grated Parmesan and gruyere cheese.
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. I use a cheap slicer/mandoline from TJ Max to make the potatoes nice and thin. If you’re patient then you can thinly slice.
3. Wash, peel and thinly slice the potatoes (I usually start w/ two and layer as I go depending on the size of the potato)
4. Butter the casserole dish (my fav one to use is an oval shaped from Ikea!)
5. Grate cheese and toss to mix in a bowl
6. Lay out the bottom row of potatoes as you wish, slightly overlap the edges.
7. Drizzle heavy cream, sprinkle cheese blend, salt and pepper…
8. Repeat to the tippy top of your dish.
9. Bake for an hour.
I’m not married to any of these measurements. I usually grate the cheese into a small glass bowl and eye the heavy cream and salt and pepper to taste.