One Pan Feta & Cherry Tomato Pasta
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- 5 thyme sprigs
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Red-pepper flakes as to your taste, I used ½ teaspoon
- 12 ounces penne
- 1 cup torn basil leaves
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a shallow casserole or gratin dish, or baking dish, combine tomatoes, garlic, thyme, rosemary, and 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- Toss with 1/4 cup of olive oil to coat. Place the feta in the middle of the dish, and top with the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Sprinkle the black pepper and red-pepper flakes over everything.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, until the garlic has softened and the tomatoes have burst their skins.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta to al dente ( my life hack here is to cook pasta in the microwave) and drain.
- Remove the tomato feta from the oven and squash everything.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan.
- Add a dollop of full-fat cream (or 4 tablepoons).
- Return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve with torn basil leaves.