Very Easy Mince Pies
– 350g/12oz high quality mincemeat, preferably homemade
– Store bought, ready rolled, Short crust pastry, I used Trader Joes
– 1 Apple
– 1 egg, beaten to glaze
1. Pre heat the oven to 400 C
2. Mix the mince meat with a chopped up apple
3. Cut out 12 circles with a pastry cutter, or a glass or cup, large enough to fill the base of the prepared tin.
4. Press gently into each hole, then fill with the mincemeat.
5. Cut out another 12 slightly smaller discs as lids to cover the mincemeat.
6. Press the edges together to seal. Make a small slit in the top of each, then brush lightly with a beaten egg or milk.
7. Chill for about 30 minutes.
8. Bake the pies for 20-30 minutes until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack and serve warm, with clotted cream, vanilla ice cream or brandy cream.