Leek & Potato Soup
- 4 large leeks
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 medium potatoes and diced
- 50g butter
- 850 ml Chicken Stock
- 275 ml cream
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Swirl of cream or creme fraiche
- Fresh chives or chopped parsley
- Trim the leeks, discarding the tough outer layer. Then split them in half lengthways and slice and wash. Drain.
- In a large, thick-based saucepan, gently melt the butter, add leeks, onions and potatoes, stirring them all round with a wooden spoon till they are coated in butter.
- Season with salt and pepper, cover and let the vegetables sweat over a very low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the stock and cream, bring to a simmer, cover and let the soup simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, blend to a purée. Add a swirl of cream or crème fraîche before serving and sprinkle with freshly snipped chives or parsley.