- Leftover cooked Chicken with meat
- 4 celery stalks
- 2 carrots
- 2 onions
- 2 inches of ginger
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- Parmesan rinds if you have them
- Handful of Egg Noodles
- 1 tablespoon Lao Gan Ma Spicy Chili Crisp
- ½ cup cream
- Place the whole leftover chicken, celery, carrots, onions, parsley, ginger, garlic peppercorns, bay leaves, parmesan rinds, cheese bits, and salt in a large soup pot and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then immediately reduce the heat to very low. Get the heat to the point where the soup is barely moving on the surface, just an occasional bubble breaking through.
- Cook for 1 to 1 ½ hours.
- Use tongs to remove the chicken from the pot. Set aside to cool.
- Taste the broth and continue to simmer it until it is concentrated and tasty.
- Strain broth through a sieve. Don’t throw away the veggies but instead, put them back into the soup pot.
- Pull off all the chicken meat from the carcass and cut it into bite-size pieces and add it back to the pot.
- Add a tablespoon of Lao Gan Ma Spicy Chili Crisp.
- Optional: Add a little cream, a handful of very thin egg noodles, and simmer until heated through, 3-4 mins. Taste your broth and add salt and pepper to taste.