Butternut Squash & Apple Soup
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Apple
- 1 inch of fresh Ginger chopped small
- 4 garlic cloves
- ½ Yellow Onion
- 1 red onion
- 1 tsp Curry Paste
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp peanut butter
- Chicken Broth or Homemade stock
- Salt & pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 375.
- Cut the squash in two.
- Place cut sides up in the oven covered tightly with foil.
- Bake for 30-50 mins until easily pierced with a knife.
- Scoop out the flesh and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger & saute over a low heat until golden 8-10 mins.
- Add the apple, squash, spoon of curry paste, spoon of peanut butter, pint of stock.
- Bring to a simmer for 10 mins until the apple is tender, then blitz the lot with the immersion blender.
- You could serve dressed with a swirl of cream or some chopped up coriander (or cilantro if you are American). But it’s perfect undressed.