- 4 ½ cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons sugar
- 2 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- Pre- Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Put berries in your baking dish and toss with the sugar and flour. I used a huge baking dish. Next time I would use a medium sized one. Don’t worry you can’t go wrong with this recipe.
- Mix the flour, salt, sugar and baking powder in a bowl using a spoon.
- Add the butter and mix using your fingers to incorporate the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the cream and mix lightly, just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Using your hands, make patties out of the dough, 2 to 2 1/2 inches in diameter and 1/2-inch thick.
- Arrange them over the top of the berries. They won’t totally cover the berries and that’s fine, it allows the berries to bubbly up and around the patties.
- Bake until the topping is brown and the juices bubble thickly around it, approx 35 to 40 minutes.
- We served immediately with Cream and/or vanilla ice cream YUMMM.