Beer Cheese Soup
- 5 slices bacon diced
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 large yellow onion or 5 Shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno chopped (seeds and ribs removed)
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 12 oz beer
2 cups chicken stock ideally home made
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tbls Korean Fried chilli in oil stuff LAOGANMA
- salt & black pepper
- 2 ½ cups shredded cheese
- additional shredded cheese
- remaining half of the cooked bacon
- sliced green onion
- In a dutch oven or pot fry the bacon till the fat is rendered
- With a slotted spoon remove the bacon
- Add a tablespoon of butter and fry the onions, jalapeno and garlic
- Add the flour and stir well to combine, then cook for 1-2 mins
- Pour in beer, whisking as you pour, and cook, stirring often until thickened.
- Add chicken broth and cream stirring well to combine. Add the Korean confection
- Increase heat to medium and bring soup to a vigorous simmer. Then reduce heat to simmer soup and cook, stirring often, until thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Reduce the heat and add the cheese, cook for a minute and then pour into the blender and give a good blend.
- Return to the pot, add some of the bacon and use the rest as a garnish
Extremely lovely and DELISH eat with a crusty bread, preferably sourdough!