Banana Yogurt Walnut Muffins
- 8 oz plain white flour
- 1 ½ baking powder
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of Salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 oz Oatmeal Flakes
- 2 oz brown sugar
- 8 oz Greek style natural yogurt WHOLE FAT
- 125ml/ 4 fl oz Milk WHOLE FAT
- 1 egg
- 2 oz v soft butter (u could melt it)
- 2 bananas mashed
- ½ cup walnuts cut up small
- You will need a muffin tray and use the butter wrapper to butter the muffin
1. Heat the oven to 400.
2. Sieve the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a bowl.
3. Stir in the oatmeal flakes and sugar.
4. Mix the yogurt and milk together in a separate bowl. Then add the egg and soft butter and mashed mix until well blended.
5. Add the wet mix to the dry and fold quickly until all is blended but DO NOT OVER MIX, you don’t want to beat out the air that will make them rise like the beauties they want to be.
6. Now spoon into your buttered muffin tray.
7. Bake at 400 for 20 mins, but check on them at 15 minutes.
8. Take them out of the muffin tray, if you buttered well they will pop out, i like to eat them piping hot.
And if you want to be super decadent, serve with butter and our cream and a beloved caffeinated beverage.