Banana Pecan Bread
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup yogurt or buttermilk (I didn’t have buttermilk and used full fat Greek style natural yogurt)
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup roughly broken pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. Blend together the eggs, youghart and bananas.
3. Sift together the sugar, flour, baking soda and salt. Add to banana mixture and stir in pecans. Fold all the ingredients together until well mixed and there is no sign of any dry flour.
4. Pour the mixture into two small cast iron skillets or one big one or into a buttered loaf pan and bake 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
5. Make a pot of coffee and eat warm fresh from the oven and remember the wonderful people who baked for you in your past, that would be my dear dear mother for me.